Disaster Response Changes By The Minute
As the islands’ needs evolve, we have to respond to the specific requests of our local ground contacts. At this time, we anticipate that we have enough donated supplies to transport and that we will continue to be extremely effective in our relief efforts.
We are SO APPRECIATIVE to have our community meeting this goal in such a short time!! You ALL are generous compassionate stewards. The response to our deliveries to the islands has been nothing short of complete gratitude.
Our donation drive WILL BE SUSPENDED BEGINNING SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH AT 3:00 PM.
We will continue to focus on airlifting deliveries, evacuations, specific need requests and encouraging ground volunteer sign ups to assist in the packing of our current supplies for transport.
Volunteer Pilots: We aim to get you in the air in the coming week as airspace restrictions lift.
Thank you to the generosity of our friends at the Tampa Bay Rays, their employees and fans. We’re fortunate to have a major league team in our corner who energizes our community in so many ways!! Please note that the Rays will continue to accept donations at Tropicana Field through SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH AT NOON. Additionally, feel free to take any items you want to donate there to avoid the congestion at our drop-off location.
And, thank you St. Pete and surrounding communities for showing up BIG for the Bahamas!!!! 🇧🇸 ❤️✈️🇧🇸
36,000+ Lbs. Of Supplies Delivered
24 Evacuees Rescued
Sol Relief, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit and donations are tax deductible.
100% of donations received go directly to our mission.
- Our operations are based at Albert Whitted Airport in Downtown St. Petersburg, FL, but can be moved if necessary.
- We are currently pre-positioning supplies and planes for a response in the impact zone.
- Relief flights are expected to begin on Tuesday or Wednesday depending on storm track.
- We have partnered with MAP International, World Hope International and Operation Floats to acquire supplies.
- We have partnered with St. Pete Air for aviation assets including planes and pilots.